Friday, February 26, 2021

Rita's Vintage Buffet FINAL REVEAL...

IF I HAD BETTER COMPUTER SKILLS -- THIS BLOG POST WOULD BEGIN WITH A DRUMROLL...

I'd like to thank everybody for weighing in with their design opinions!! That was one of the most fun parts of this whole project.

And I learned A LOT...especially about the folly of trying to make-do with crappy leftover paint. Saving that little bit of money ended up being a huge TIME WASTER...and I know it compromised the quality of the product.

HEY -- I SEW -- so you would think I ALREADY LEARNED THIS LESSON...

Your finished project is only as good or bad as the elements you put into it. I would never, in a million years, think about putting all the time and effort into making a quilt -- using crappy fabric and cheap thread or generic sewing machine needles. So -- HOW DID I THINK THIS WAS ANY DIFFERENT??

I am now a big fan of the new iron-on decoupage technique -- the zebra fabric is one of the best things about this buffet.... (I already have another decoupage project in mind.)

The final design was suggested by Sharon, Judy, Carol and Sandy...(who even sent her own graphic)

 

AND I COULD NOT BE MORE DELIGHTED with the way it turned out. I applied 12 coats of varnish on the top of the buffet -- and it is smooth as glass.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT...

Here's the thing about this buffet For me, it has become a metaphor about my life. When we move this fall, I'll take it with me -- as sort of a symbol. My old life meeting my new life. 


Yep.  This is exactly how I see it...


7 comments: