Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Our First GIRL'S NIGHT

Here's an interesting tidbit. THAT I ALMOST FORGOT TO WRITE ABOUT.

My birthday is in March...I was born in 1949. Lilly's birthday is also in March, and she was born in 2009. Her mother, Emily, also has a March birthday -- and she was born in 1979.

So, that means we are exactly 30 years apart....

AND, that also means that this year -- 2019 -- we are all having a special "Decades" birthday.

I will be 70. Emily will be 40. And Lilly will be celebrating her first double digit birthday. 10.

WOW..!!

WHAT CAN WE DO to  celebrate our big "Decades Birthday"??

I wanted to make it something special...

The movie "Bohemian Rhapsody" had just come out. I knew Emily LOVED Queen music -- which is probably why Lilly also knows the words to many of their songs. Then, as Ritaluck would have things happen -- I saw that a QUEEN Tribute band was giving a one-night-only concert at our big venue, The Mark, on Sunday night, March 24.

PERFECT...!!

I purchased the tickets in advance...and then, I debated how to handle my "Decades Celebration".  Of course, I could set up the evening as a total surprise for both Emily and Lilly.

But, sometimes -- the ANTICIPATION is as much fun as the event.  So I decided to bring Lilly in on our "Decades Birthday Event".  Also, before we go to the concert, I thought Lilly should learn a little more about who Freddie Mercury was...

Thanks to my friend Valerie -- who gives me her People magazines when she's done with them -- I had the PERFECT article for Lilly to read

It was in a February 2019 issue -- and there were lots of great pictures.  Lilly read the story, and had a few questions.
We had several conversations about Freddie Mercury -- and then, I rented the movie...Lilly loves music so much, and she loved learning the story behind the music.  It is a wonderful movie...  
Because of the rating, I told Lilly I might have to FF through some portions of the movie...and she was fine with that...

On the night of the concert...we are getting dressed...
This was her first concert at a HUGE VENUE...5000 seats.
And this tribute band did NOT disappoint.  They did ALL the fabulous QUEEN songs...
It was, truly, a ONCE IN A LIFETIME Girl's Night OUT...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment