Monday, July 2, 2018

Starched Fabric Wall

Hey -- it's time for a change. And change is good.

I have some big things happening in my house. NEW CARPETING in the living room, for one thing. THAT was a surprise birthday gift from the E Team...Elliott and Emily gave me new carpet, and it's now officially ON THE WAY.

It's a process.  First, I had to clean out all the closets (ugh) -- somebody had to pick out the new carpet (Emily and Lilly did that)...schedule the installers, etc.

My ACTUAL PLAN is to have them install the carpet when I'm out of town!! YES, I AM CAPABLE OF LETTING THINGS GO, PEOPLE. I don't have to control everything. I'm not even sure what color my new carpeting is -- but I'm looking forward to the change!!

Another big change is the starched fabric wall in the kids' room. It's been that way for about 6 years...and I LOVED IT.  But, hey -- nothing lasts forever -- and I decided re-doing this wall would be a great Art Project for 2018 Grandma Camp.


The kids sprayed it down with a bottle of water...and the fabric pieces peeled off easily.
Lilly took these pictures right before they took it all down...
Because, IN MY HEAD -- I will use this fabric to make a patchwork quilt...
And I want the finished quilt to be as close as possible to the actual wall.
I'm thinking I'll start with a white cotton sheet as the "base" -- then, do a flip-and-sew application of the various fabrics...
When I get it finished -- I'll slice it into four pieces...and use them to make a quilt for each kid.

I'll mix in some of their own favorite outgrown t-shirts...

Hummm...this project could take some time...

My hope is I get both quilts done before Lilly and Warren leave to go to college...

No comments:

Post a Comment