Elliott and Emily are moving into their new house this summer -- and they have done SO MUCH WORK. It's really shaping up and I love, love, love having Lilly just ten minutes away.
Emily bought a colorful bed set at a garage sale -- but Lilly's room needed curtains. I started off by cutting the pink flower fabric away from the twin bedskirt tht she didn't need...
|Although, I've gotta say -- the fabric from those "bed in a bag" sets is really marginal....I had to back it with some muslin.|
|Then, I cut some 4" strips from various t-shirts I had laying around...(white and hot pink strips)|
|I made some tabs for the curtains...|
|There will be pink and white fringes -- AS SOON AS I GET THE CUTTING DONE...(THAT'S THE last STEP)|
|I love this picture. It doesn't show the curtains well -- or Lilly or Emily either, for that matter...but I love the view out of Lilly's bedroom window. And it felt like I captured one of those moments....working on Lilly's new bedroom...|